Explore the Sacred Valley of the Incas on this 2-day tour, which leaves Cusco to visit a lively market town and two Incan archaeological sites. Board a train to Aguas Calientes, also known as Machu Picchu Town
and overnight in an Aguas Calientes hotel included.
Explore in the Sacred Valley of the Incas
Visit the Pisaq Market
Explore and Guided tour of Pisaq and Ollantaytambo archeological
Explore the community locals markets Urubamba
View the amazing Sacred Valley
Visit the Machu Picchu
Sunrise Machu Picchu
Day 1: Visit the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Explore the beautiful Peruvian countryside with a full-day tour of the magical Sacred Valley, home to several royal estates of Incan emperors. First, you will visit the town of Pisaq, famous for its bustling indigenous market and for the beautiful Incan ruins on the hillside overlooking the city. In the market, you will have the opportunity to browse the beautiful handicrafts and Andean garments displayed for sale as well as local fruits, vegetables, and other natural products. While exploring the Pisaq ruins above, you will wander about walls and palaces of spectacularly cut stones, while enjoying a stunning view of Pisaq and the Sacred Valley below.
- Following your visit to Pisaq, you will stop for lunch (not included) at a buffet restaurant offering a variety of Peruvian and international food near the town of Urubamba, named after the sacred river (whose upper stretch is called the Vilcanota) that flows through the valley, on its way to Machu Picchu and eventually the Amazon jungle.
- Next, you will visit the spectacular fortress of Ollantaytambo. These magnificent Incan ruins that cling to the hillside were part of the royal estate of the Incan emperor Pachacuteq. Later, during the Incas heroic resistance against the Spaniards, a great battle was fought, during which the Spaniards were repelled by the guerrilla emperor Manco Inca. The small town of Ollantaytambo at its base still has Inca houses, making Ollantaytambo the only Inca city that is still inhabited today.
- In the late afternoon, after the tour we will go taken to the train station of Ollantaytambo to catch the train leaving to AguasCalientes (Machu Picchu town). Arriving in AguasCalientes (the journey by train takes approx. 1,5 hours), we will pick you up at the train station and take you to your comfortable hotel where you’ll have another short briefing about your Machu Picchu tour the next day.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes Town – Machu Picchu Citadel –Train Journey Back To Cusco
- Today you will visit Machu Picchu. You will be visiting the famous Sacred City of the Incas, the crystal city of the Inca civilization. You will determine, with your tour guide, the best time to start your day. Most people prefer to rise at 4 a.m. walk to the bus station to take one of the first buses up to Machu Picchu.
- Next, you will meet your expert, English-speaking guide for a tour of the most important sites in Machu Picchu, including the Intihuatana (Sun Stone), the Sun Temple, and the Room of 3 Windows. Machu Picchu is justifiably ranked as one of the “must see” archaeological sites in the world. Here, royal palaces, temples and astronomical observatories cling to a granite spur some 2,000 feet above the valley floor, affording spectacular views of the cloud-wreathed Andes and the Urubamba River far below.
- In the late afternoon, you will take a comfortable train back to Cusco and then be transferred to your Cusco hotel for the evening.
- If you would like to spend more time at Machu Picchu, this package can be customized to include an overnight stay in Aguas Calientes, the town at the base of Machu Picchu, which will allow you to make a second visit to the enigmatic citadel on the following day.
*Optional: Hike up Huayna Picchu, the peak overlooking the Machu Picchu ruins. This hike is steep and takes about 3 hours round trip, but affords spectacular views of the surrounding Andes and views over the Machu Picchu citadel from above. Numerous Inca burials have been found in cavities on this mountain. Please let your travel advisor know if you’d like to add this to your itinerary.
With Machu Picchu package you will receive:
Cultural Immersion Experience at Urubamba local market
Explore the community locals markets with your guide and share the day in the lives of QUECHUAS
Private transport from your Cusco hotel or home stay to trailhead
Bus ticket from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes
Train ticket for going to Aguas Calientes and back to Cusco on the Expedition Train
Transfer from the Cusco train station back to your hotel
Entrance fees for Machu Picchu
Professional, knowledgeable English-speaking guide
Basic hotel accommodation in Aguas Calientes
Dinner at the best restaurant at Aguas Calientes
Breakfast at the hotel(vegetarian option available)
What is not Included:
Breakfast on Day 1
Dinner on Day 2nd
Entrance fee on Sacred Valley tour 70 soles
Lunch on Day 1 in Urubamba Sacred Valley ( 25-45 soles )
Lunch on Day 2 in Aguas Calientes
Drinks or snacks
Hot Springs 10 soles Optional (US$3)
Single Supplement for single/solo travelers US$60 per room
Tips for your guide.
Price For Sacred Valley Plus Machupicchu Tour 2 Days: Per person: US$450
*We need a minimum of 2 people to run the tour. We guarantee that your tour will be limited to a maximum of 8 people. To ensure a private tour with us, our price increases $50 per person.
Children 8-17 years old – $20 USD off
Children 3-7 years old – 50% discount
*To receive the child discount you must send us a copy of the child’s passport.
WHAT MAKES EXPLORE ADVENTURES PERU BETTER THAN THE REST?
Experienced Tour Guide. We hire the best, most accomplished, experienced Explore Adventures Peru guides. Travel & Trek with someone who hiked the Inca Trail for over 900 times, Salkantay Trek for over 500 times, Ausangate Trek for over 300 times, Lares Trek for over 200 times, being at Machu Picchu for over 1000 times.
WE HAVE A 99.8% CLIENT SATISFACTION RATE! Undoubtedly, the most honest and accurate feedback comes from our clients themselves. With the goal of constantly improving our service, a post-treks survey is taken from each client in order to assess our staff, equipment and food.
BEST EQUIPMENT. We source all of our sleeping tents, dining tents and sleeping pads from north face, Equipment, an Americans and european outdoor company that has been making time-tested high altitude equipment since 1830. We don’t use locally made tents, which have a tendency to topple over in the wind or leak in the rain, like some operators.
BEST FOOD. We prepare hot meals on the mountain using fresh, local ingredients whenever possible. Trust us, the box lunches that every other company gives to their clients day in and out will sap your energy for they are dry, tasteless and comprised of empty calories.
SMALL GROUPS. In an effort to provide a more personalized service to our passengers, we in Explore Adventures Peru have a policy that our groups will not exceed 8 people (min 2 – max 8 / average 5). This fact alone sets us apart from other companies that operate departures with bigger groups.